President Zuma to address local creative artists
13 November 2009President Jacob Zuma will meet with musicians and actors to discuss their role and contribution to social cohesion and nation building, as well as report back on issues they raised during his first meeting with them in 2008.
The President will meet primarily with musicians and actors, at the Sandton Convention Centre on 17 November 2009 at 10:00. He will be fulfilling a promise made during the response to the State of the Nation address that government would meet with the creative industry sector to discuss issues affecting them.
Issues of concern to the artists relate to broadcasting content, intellectual property rights, industry unity, anti-piracy, tax education and participation in 2010 FIFA World Cup activities.
The President is scheduled to be accompanied by the following Ministers:
• Ministers in the Presidency Trevor Manuel and Collins Chabane
• Minister of Arts and Culture, Lulu Xingwana and Deputy Minister Paul Mashatile
• Minister of Finance, Pravin Gordhan
• Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development, Mr Jeff Radebe
• Minister of Trade and Industry, Rob Davies
• Minister of Communications, Siphiwe Nyanda.
• Premier of Gauteng, Ms Nomvula Mokonyane.
Please RSVP with Jonas Mashigo at Jonas@po.gov.za
For more information contact: Vincent Magwenya on 072 715 0024